Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I can't wait to try this one! Posted for ZWT7.
- 946.36 ml chicken broth
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 118.29 ml green bell pepper, chopped
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml crunchy peanut butter
- In 1-quart saucepan add broth and chili peppers and bring mixture to a boil. Stir in bell pepper and onion and return to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and let simmer until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to lowest possible temperature; add peanut butter and cook, stirring constantly, until peanut butter is melted and mixture is well blended.
This was a very nice soup. I have never had peanut soup before, so this was not only a treat for me, but also a new discovery. It was a bit more mild than I anticipated it would be, but that might be apropos for the Nigerian version of peanut soup. All in all, it was a very pleasant lunch meal. Thanks, Sara 76. Made for ZWT7 for the Mischief Makers team.