Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Can't remember where I found this, but I tried it on a whim, and it was delicious. The chili peppers (I used jalapenos) give it a great flavor. I just found out my neighbor tried this recipe, too, for a family get-together, and she said it was a big hit.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 green chili peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 6 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- Pour chicken broth into a saucepan. Add the chili peppers and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the bell pepper and onion and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and let simmer until peppers and onion are tender (about 10 minutes or so).
- Reduce the heat to very low, add the peanut butter, and cook, stirring constantly, until the peanut butter is melted and the mixture is well blended. Serve hot.