Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
From The Food Network, it states that this is a traditional Nigerian dinner. Sounds pretty good!
Make and share this Nigerian Beef in Tomato Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Cut beef into 1 1/2-inch cubes, then rinse in warm water to clean.
- Put beef into a medium sauce pot with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add salt and pepper, to taste, and bouillon cubes.
- Cover and place pot over low heat. Let it steam for 20 minutes.
- Put 3 tomatoes, 1 red pepper, 1 onion, and 1 garlic clove into a blender and pulse to coarsely chop. Then pour tomato mixture into the pot with the beef and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Cook 15 minutes.
- Stirring it on medium heat, add the remaining 3 tomatoes, cut into wedges, 1 sliced red pepper, 1 sliced onion, and 1 sliced garlic clove. Cook for 15 minutes and it's ready to serve.
This was wonderful! I used some beef tips I had in the freezer instead of the strip steaks. My boys plus a couple of extras devoured this! They said this was one of their favorite recipes on the tour of ZWT7. Thanks for submitting this recipe. I will make again soon.