1/1 Photo of Nigerian Beef in Tomato Sauce
1 hr 5 mins
From The Food Network, it states that this is a traditional Nigerian dinner. Sounds pretty good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut beef into 1 1/2-inch cubes, then rinse in warm water to clean.
- 2Put beef into a medium sauce pot with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add salt and pepper, to taste, and bouillon cubes.
- 3Cover and place pot over low heat. Let it steam for 20 minutes.
- 4Put 3 tomatoes, 1 red pepper, 1 onion, and 1 garlic clove into a blender and pulse to coarsely chop. Then pour tomato mixture into the pot with the beef and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Cook 15 minutes.
- 5Stirring it on medium heat, add the remaining 3 tomatoes, cut into wedges, 1 sliced red pepper, 1 sliced onion, and 1 sliced garlic clove. Cook for 15 minutes and it's ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nigerian Beef in Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 698.5
- Calories from Fat 420
- Total Fat 46.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 184.4 mg
- Sodium 1564.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 50.6 g