Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is so good on a cold winter's day. It has been converted for you.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, soft plus some extra for greasing the pan
- 6 tablespoons caster sugar
- 6 tablespoons brown muscovado sugar
- 1⁄2 cup marmalade
- 6 tablespoons marmalade (for glaze on top)
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 orange juice, and zest (reserve juice of 1/2 an orange for the glaze)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit. Butter ovenproof dish. (1x24 cm pyrex glass dish).
- Put the 6 tablespoons marmalade and the 1/2 an orange's aside in a pan to make the glaze later.
- Put all the other ingredients for the pudding batter into a food processor, process them and then pour and scrape the batter into the buttered dish. smotthing the top.
- Put in the oven and bake 40 minutes check to see how the cake is doing after 30 mins though. when done take out of oven and leave to cool.
- Warm the glaze mix on stove until melted together, then paint the top of the sponge.