I have converted this one too. Very light and refreshing in the summer. I always serve it with Homemade lemonade.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to to 350 degrees farenheit. line the base of a 1x23 cm springform round cake pan with parchment paper. butter the sides of the tin.
- 2Beat butter and sugar until pale and whipped.
- 3Mix the almonds, cornmeal and baking powder in stage with the 3 eggs until all ingredients are combined.
- 4Then beat in the lemon zest, scrape the cake mix into the tin
- 5Bake about 40 mins, or until cake tester comes out clean.
- 6Make the syrup by boiling together lemon juice and sugar in a medium saucepan. once the icing sugar is dissolved in the pan you are done.
- 7Prick the top of the cake all over with the cake tester and pour the warm syrup over the cake and leave to cool before taking the cake out of the pan.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nigella's Gluten Free Lemon Polenta Cake
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.5
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 57.7 mg
- Sodium 16.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 20.4 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
gluten free baking powder