Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I have converted this one too. Very light and refreshing in the summer. I always serve it with Homemade lemonade.
- 3⁄4 cup and 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 1⁄4 cups ground almonds
- 9 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 3 eggs
- zest from 2 lemon (save juice for syrup later)
- juice from the 2 lemon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to to 350 degrees farenheit. line the base of a 1x23 cm springform round cake pan with parchment paper. butter the sides of the tin.
- Beat butter and sugar until pale and whipped.
- Mix the almonds, cornmeal and baking powder in stage with the 3 eggs until all ingredients are combined.
- Then beat in the lemon zest, scrape the cake mix into the tin
- Bake about 40 mins, or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Make the syrup by boiling together lemon juice and sugar in a medium saucepan. once the icing sugar is dissolved in the pan you are done.
- Prick the top of the cake all over with the cake tester and pour the warm syrup over the cake and leave to cool before taking the cake out of the pan.
Easy to make and deliciously moist and tangy - gets great compliments served as a desert with a whipped cream/greek yogurt mix. Most gluten free baking dries out and goes crumbly after a day but this cake stays moist and syrupy. A dependable regular in our house - definitely a 5 star keeper