Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Serve this spectacular layered dessert in a trifle dish or individual dessert glasses for a memorable and refreshing ending to any meal! Perfect for Valentine's Day or other romantic occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries or Afternoon tea. Inspired by a Nigella Lawson recipe.
- Split the lady fingers and make little sandwiches of them using more than half of the jam, then press them into a 2-quart size glass bowl.
- Crumble the amaretti cookies and scatter most of them evenly over the lady fingers, reserving a bit for the topping, and then pour a generous 1/2 cup limoncello over them.
- In a medium bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons limoncello with the remaining currant jam. Add the blackberries, stirring gently to coat.
- Spoon the blackberries over the crumbled cookies.
- Whisk together the remaining limoncello with the sugar and mascarpone until light and fluffy. Spread gently and evenly over the blackberries in the bowl.
- In a small bowl, toss together the remaining amaretti crumbs with the toasted slivered almonds, then sprinkle over the surface of the trifle.
- Spoon into dessert glasses to serve.
Love Limoncello, love this trifle, love Nigella... might have a go without the amarettis next time.