Recipe by English_Rose
The peppery, nutty flavour of nigella seeds makes this flatbread the ideal accompaniment to aromatic, spicy soups. Time does not include proving.
- 2 teaspoons nigella seeds
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon dried yeast
- 9 ounces plain yogurt
- 1 1⁄4 lbs strong white flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the nigella seeds and water in a large saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Remove from the heat, add the yeast and yogurt and stir well.
- Add 1/3 of the flour and stir. Cover and leave in a warm place to prove for 30 minutes.
- Work in the salt, 2 tablespoons of the oil and the remaining flour. Cover and leave in a warm place to prove for a further 2 hours, or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Knead the dough briefly. Divide it into six portions, shape them into balls, then roll out into rounds.
- Place the remaining oil in a frying pan. Add the dough rounds, in batches if necessary, and cook for 1 minute on each side. Serve warm.