The peppery, nutty flavour of nigella seeds makes this flatbread the ideal accompaniment to aromatic, spicy soups. Time does not include proving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the nigella seeds and water in a large saucepan and bring to the boil.
- 2Remove from the heat, add the yeast and yogurt and stir well.
- 3Add 1/3 of the flour and stir. Cover and leave in a warm place to prove for 30 minutes.
- 4Work in the salt, 2 tablespoons of the oil and the remaining flour. Cover and leave in a warm place to prove for a further 2 hours, or until the dough has doubled in size.
- 5Knead the dough briefly. Divide it into six portions, shape them into balls, then roll out into rounds.
- 6Place the remaining oil in a frying pan. Add the dough rounds, in batches if necessary, and cook for 1 minute on each side. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nigella Seeds Flatbread
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 454.4
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 5.9 mg
- Sodium 411.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 11.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: