Recipe by nortocbaking101
This is another recipe from Nigella. Will be posting lots of Nigella recipes converted so I don't have to convert when I use her cookbooks all the time. I like to use with her buttery cream-cheese frosting in a separate recipe I will be posting soon.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 7⁄8 cup caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon red paste food coloring
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 12 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon cider or 1 teaspoon white vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 340 degrees farenheit. line 2 x12 bun muffin tins with paper cases.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl.
- In another bowl, cream the sugar and butter together until light and fluffy. Beat in all of food colouring and vanilla.
- Add 2 eggs to wet bowl, beat till combined. Then add dry ingredients slowly to wet mixture.
- Last beat in the buttermilk and vinegar until everything is well combined.
- Divide butter between 24 cases.
- Bake about 20 minutes.
- leave to cool on cooling rack.