Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Nigella made this on The Chew today, 2/11/13
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove (peeled)
- 10 cups Baby Spinach (packed, washed and dried, approximately 12 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons white wine (or Vermouth)
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- salt & pepper, freshly ground
- nutmeg, freshly grated
- butter, for greasing
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F, and butter a small ovenproof dish.
- In a wok or wide, heavy pan, warm the olive oil with the garlic clove and cook until the garlic is bronze. Over a low heat stir in the spinach until reduced. Turn up the heat, throw in the wine or vermouth, and toss gently until the spinach has wilted (roughly 30 secs.)
- Remove from the heat and stir in the parmesan and ricotta and season to taste, adding a good grating of nutmeg.
- Beat in the eggs, then transfer the eggy spinach to your buttered oven dish. (Remove garlic clove) Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, until set. Let it stand for at least 5 minutes, but no longer than 15 minutes before serving.