Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Posted in response to a request on the message boards.
Make and share this Nigella Lawson Turkish Delight Syllabub recipe from Food.com.
- 12 tablespoons Cointreau liqueur
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 8 tablespoons caster sugar
- 600 ml double cream, just under
- 2 tablespoons rose water
- 2 tablespoons orange flower water
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, finely chopped
- Mix the cointreau, lemon juice and sugar in a large bowl, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Slowly stir in the cream and then begin to whisk with an electric mixer.
- Whisk until the cream is fairly thick, but not thick enough to hold its shape.
- Sprinkle in the flower waters and keep whisking until you have a light and airy mixture that forms soft peaks.
- Be careful, it's better to have it a bit too runny than too thick.
- Spoon into small glasses, letting the mixture come up over the rim of the glass.
- Scatter finely chopped pistachios on top.
This is a gorgeous easy recipe. I froze the leftovers with the pistachios mixed in and it made delicious ice cream!
this sounds delicious, but I was thinking how about having it as a filling/topping for an almond sponge cake, sprinkle the pistachios on top? Perhaps soak the cake in a little syrup and make the syllabub a bit less sweet?
Very delicious: smooth, velvety, fluffy, yum! Just be sure to serve it in not too big portions, otherwise it is too much cream.