We had these yummy potatoes for Easter after hearing the recipe on the radio. It comes from Nigella's book "Feast: Food to Celebrate Life". We were all afraid they would be overpowering because the whole house smelled like garlic, but they were wonderful - crispy and brown with a lovely roasted garlic flavor!
- Bring a pan of salted water to a boil, and cook the potatoes for 30 minutes. Drain, and put back into the dry pan.
- Peel the garlic cloves and put them in the dry pan with the potatoes.
- Mash the potatoes and garlic so they are cracked and split. They can be done ahead up to this point and left in the pan but leave the lid off, so they don’t get watery.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and slip a roasting pan in to heat up at the same time.
- When the oven is hot, pour the oil into the pan and leave it to heat up for 10 minutes.
- Carefully tip the potatoes and garlic into the hot oil and cook for 15 minutes.
- Turn the potatoes over and cook another 15 minutes until browned and crispy. Serve immediately.
These are the BEST!! I boiled my garlic with the potatoes. I also used less oil but added butter on top of the potatoes right before I flipped them.
Making again tonight for company.
Crispy and full of flavor and aroma, and only 3 ingredients!
Loved these!! Will definitely be serving again. I made exactly as posted. Thank you flower7 for a superb holiday dish. Made for PRMR Holiday Special.