Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Saw Nigella discuss this on the Today Show this morning and I can't WAIT to try it out this weekend! I definitely think it will"Roq":)!!
- 1 cup Roquefort cheese or 1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green pickled jalapeno pepper, from a jars
- 2 tablespoons scallions, finely sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- blue corn tortilla chips
- Crumble or mash the blue cheese with the sour cream in a bowl.
- Mash in the avocados. If they are ripe, a fork should be all you need.
- Roughly chop the sliced jalapeños and stir them into the mixture along with the finely sliced scallions.
- Arrange in the center of a plate or dish, dust with paprika, and surround with tortilla chips. Dive inches.
Nice change of pace. I added dash of salt and served with crudites and thin, crispy garlic bread slices.
This was really quite good - it definitely Roq's! :) Used St Pete's Select blue cheese which is made with the same mold culture as Roquefort. I did make one small addition after tasting; it needed a little acid for my taste, so I added a splash of red wine vinegar (I would have used lemon or lime juice had I had any on hand). I made this as a condiment for Nigella Lawson Easy Quesadillas and each one complimented the other perfectly and became a sum greater than the whole. Thanks so much for posting!