1/1 Photo of Nigella Lawson Portobello Mushroom Cheesesteak Sandwich
I just saw Nigella make this on one of her TV shows and I had to post it. It is utterly yummy. You can experiment with toppings to create your own flavor sensations.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put your cleaned mushroom caps, bottom side facing up, in a small baking dish.
- 2In a bowl, mash the butter and mix in the garlic, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Put about 2 tbls. of butter mix on top of each mushroom.
- 4Bake mushrooms until tender (15-20 min.).
- 5Slice foccacia down the center horizontally to create a bun.
- 6Dip the inside of each bun half in the oozing hot butter liquid in the mushroom baking dish to moisten.
- 7Put a mushroom in the center and top with lettuce, sliced onion, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 8As you eat, the butter and mushroom juices will drip out of your sandwich, so be prepared.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nigella Lawson Portobello Mushroom Cheesesteak Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.8
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 171.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: