This is a recipe from How to Eat by Nigella Lawson.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1First make the dressing: put the oil and vinegar and a pinch of sugar into a large bowl and then put in a decent handful of chopped mint.
- 2Stir well so all is amalgamated.
- 3Cook the podded peas for a short time in salted boiling water, just so they are ready, but not soft.
- 4Taste after 2 minutes and then keep tasting.
- 5Pour peas in colander and then straight away into the bowl of dressing and let steep for an hour or up to a day.
- 6Just before serving, stir in about a packetful of mixed salad, the chicory which has been separated into it leaves and the avocado, which should be cut into bite size chunky slices.
- 7You may need to drizzle a bit more oil after tossing.
- 8serve this on a big plate.
- 9Sprinkle with more mint.
Browse Our Top Turkey Breasts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Turkey Breasts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nigella Lawson Pea, Mint and Avocado Salad
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 412.4
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 11.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.3 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 11.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar