Recipe by Harley Seashell Princess
If you'll read my personal page you'll know exactly where this recipe is coming from. This is a simple, unadorned cake with a dense texture (almost brownie-like). The orange twist is a nice surprise. One day I found myself spreading soft cream cheese over a slice and it was quite delicious! Enjoy with coffee or whatever is your poison.
Top Review by flower7
This is a very moist and sticky cake. It also tastes fabulous. Unfortunately, mine looked like an asteroid hit it - it rose up really high on the edges and sunk in the center. I don't know if it was because I used homemade self-rising flour or if there was another issue. I did use the microwave to melt the butter & chocolate but I don't think that would explain the problem. Even if it doesn't look very good, the taste makes up for it. I will be trying this one again to see if I can get it to look better. Thanks for the recipe :)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 1⁄3 cups orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup self-rising flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Oven@ 350.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and then add the chocolate and stir until melted.
- Take off of the heat.
- Add the marmalade, sugar, and the eggs and combine.
- Gradually beat in the flour.
- Pour into a greased 8-inch springform pan.
- Bake for about 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes before turning out.