Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Very good gingerbread :P
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, plus
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup, plus
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup (I used golden syrup)
- 3⁄4 cup molasses, plus
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk, plus
- 2 tablespoons 2% low-fat milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda, dissolved in
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Melt the butter, sugar, syrup, molasses, ginger and cinammon in a pan. Off heat, add the milk, eggs and baking soda in its water.
- Measure the flour into a bowl and pour in the liquid ingredients, beating until well combined.
- Pour it into the pan and bake for 3/4-1 hour until risen and firm, be careful not to overcook it.