Recipe by Lisa1
I saw Nigella Lawson make this on "Nigella Express" this morning and so I made for lunch as a side with tomato soup. Great base recipe I will use again and again.
Top Review by Boomette
This is so yummy. For my son I had to made it very simple with just the ham and cheese. But for us I added the jalapeno. Because of DH I had to left out the scallion. Thanks Lisa :) Made for the Best of 2010 cookbook tag game
- 1 soft flour tortilla
- 1 ounce thinly sliced cured ham
- 3 slices green pickled jalapeno peppers, coin-sized slices, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup grated cheese
- 1 scallion, finely sliced
- 3 fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (not extra-virgin)
- salsa, of your choice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Place ham on the tortilla.
- Over 1/2 only, sprinkle the chopped pickled jalapeno, the grated cheese and the chopped scallion. Scatter over the cilantro leaves.
- Carefully fold the tortilla wrap in half, (fold the untopped half over the cheese so you have a fat half moon).
- Carefully brush each side with the oil before putting it on the hot grill pan; grill for a minute each side.
- Transfer the tortilla to a board or plate and cut into 3 triangles. Eat with some salsa on the side.
- Feel free to play with the fillings as you wish.