Karen in MA's Note:
from Live with Regis & Kelly Nov. 5/07
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Tear croissants into pieces and put in a small gratin dish.
- 3Put sugar and water into a saucepan, and swirl around to help dissolve the sugar before putting the saucepan on the burner over medium to high heat.
- 4Caramelize the sugar and water mixture by letting it bubble away until it all turns a deep amber color. This will take 3-5 minutes.
- 5Turn heat down to low and add heavy cream. Whisk in whole milk and bourbon. Take off the heat and, still whisking, add eggs.
- 6Pour the caramel bourbon custard over the croissants and leave to steep for 10 minutes if the croissants are very stale.
- 7Place in oven for 20 minutes….
- 8Serves 2 greedy people!
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nigella Lawson Caramel Croissant Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 781.3
- Calories from Fat 368
- Total Fat 40.9 g
- Saturated Fat 23.0 g
- Cholesterol 337.3 mg
- Sodium 541.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 60.0 g
- Protein 14.1 g