Recipe by Mizzy
I made these last night, and they are absolutely sinful. I've never made a batch of brownies with so much chocolate. I think her cooking time is a little on the short side, so opt for close to 40 minutes.
- 13 ounces best quality bittersweet chocolate
- 1 2⁄3 cups softened butter
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 2⁄3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9 x 13" pan.
- In a double-boiler, or a small pan melt the butter and chocolate.
- whisk until well blended, and let cool.
- While chocolate is melting, whisk together the eggs, sugar and vanilla until frothy and slightly lighter in color.
- gently fold the cooled chocolate mixture into the eggs, and whisk until well blended.
- Fold in the flour and salt and mix well.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 25- 30 minutes.
- Brownies are ready when the outside crust is lighter in color and speckled and the insides are still a little gooey (took about 40 minutes in my oven!).
- cool on a rack before slicing into 48 pieces.