Recipe by Chrissyo
This is the brownie recipe we use most. It is from Nigella Lawson's "How To Be a Domestic Goddess". My Dear Daughter who is not a Goddess in the kitchen sure has success with this recipe. So I thought I would share this recipe with you in case you to have a domestic challenged loved one in your kitchen.
Top Review by saneea_khan
Five star brownies! I made these brownies after being inspired by a friend. I watched a youtube vid of Nigella Lawson making these brownies and it was perfect. I cooked a little longer then 25 mins, about 35-40 minutes I would say , but use your initiative as every oven is different! They cook whilst in the pan. The consistency was perfect. I thought it would be impossible to get that perfect speckle brown at the surface and gooey inside but incredibly easy for amateurs like me. Loved it.
- 375 g soft unsalted butter
- 375 g best quality dark chocolate
- 6 large eggs
- 14.79 ml vanilla extract
- 500 g caster sugar
- 225 g plain flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 300 g chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line your approximatley 33 x 23 x 5 1/2cm brownie pan with foil or baking paper.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in a large heavy based saucepan.
- In a bowl beat the eggs with the sugar and vanilla.
- Measure the flour into another bowl and add the salt.
- When the chocolate mixture has melted, let it cool a bit before beating in the eggs and sugar mixture, and then the nuts and flour.
- Beat to combine and then scrape out of the saucepan into the lined brownie pan.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
- When its's ready, the top should be dried to a paler brown speckle, but the middle still dark and dense and gooey.
- Keep checking the brownies as they cook; remember that they will continue to cook as they cool.