Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A recipe by Nigella Lawson
- 125 g unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 -4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 170º. Grease and line a loaf tin.
- Beat butter and sugar until blended.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, then bananas. Stir in vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, bicarb soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture, a third at a time.
- Pour into tin and bake for 1 - 1 1/4 hours.
This is the best banana bread I ever ate. I do add some chocolate chips, raisins and walnuts, makes it even better!
indeed. best recipe i've eaten. added chocolate chunks, cinnamon, and almonds, and it was a slice of heaven.