Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This yummy treat comes from Nigella's television show called "Nigella Feasts" and the episode is "Chocolate Heaven".
- 473.18 ml milk
- 99.22 g dark chocolate (bittersweet or semisweet, as preferred)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 9.85 ml honey
- 4.92 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 29.58 ml dark rum (to taste)
- Put the milk into a saucepan and break the chocolate into pieces and add to the milk along with a cinnamon stick, honey, and sugar and heat gently until the chocolate is melted.
- Add the vanilla and mix with a small hand whisk and still whisking, add a spoonful of the rum first and taste to see if you want more.
- Add more sugar if you want this sweeter, too.
- Take out the cinnamon stick and pour into 2 cappuccino or caffe latte cups.
This is lovely! I used skim milk and 65% cocoa dark chocolate. Made as posted and enjoyed very much. Thanks for sharing!
This was absolutely wonderful! I used Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate. I think the honey, cinnamon and brown sugar added the extra oomph to this drink.