1 hr 15 mins
nancy 1's Note:
I made this in a cast iron skillet and it is a really great indulgence. We ate smoked sausage and green beans ith it. Yummmy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 325F.
- 2Peel the potatoes and slice them thinly (1/8 in, thick).
- 3If the garlic is really juicy, cut the cloves in half and rub them all around an earthware or cast iron dish.
- 4A 9-by-13 Inch pan works well if you are using 2 1/2 to 3 lbs of potatoes; a 10-inch skillet will work for 2 lbs, pressing down to release the juices.
- 5Otherwise it might be better to slice the garlic thinly and tuck the slices between the potatoes.
- 6Smear the dish generously with butter.
- 7Please don't be stingy- you are only cheating yourself.
- 8Lay the potatoes in the dish,orderly or positively hugger-mugger, it matters not, seasoning with salt and black pepper as you go along.
- 9Pour the cream over the potatoes-it should just come to the top of the slices.
- 10Bake 1 to 1-1/2 hours until the potatoes are virtually melting into the cream.
- 11Enough for 6 as a side dish.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nigel slater's potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 391.7
- Calories from Fat 265
- Total Fat 29.4 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 108.6 mg
- Sodium 39.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 4.7 g