Nifty Hamburgers on a Bun
- Heat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Spread cut sides of hamburgers buns or one side of each bread slice with mustard.
- Mix meat, onion, salt and pepper.
- Spread mixture over the mustard, being careful to bring it to the edges of the buns.
- Place meat sides up on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake until desired doneness is reached, about 5 minutes.
- NOTE: If you like, you can have these burgers ready and waiting in the freezer for last-minute cooking.
- After spreading the meat mixture over the buns, wrap each securely in heavy-duty or double thickness of regular aluminum foil and label; freeze no longer than 2 months.
- To serve, unwrap desired number of hamburgers and bake about 10 minutes.