Recipe by Cathy17
I got this from the Best of Bridge. I made it for Christmas and thanksgiving dinner in Korea and people raved about it. One male friend asked if I was making those awesome carrots when I invited him to Christmas dinner.
Top Review by TattooedMamaof2
I love horseradish and this dish was awesome! The only change I made was popping it under a low-broil for 10 minutes (instead of the baking) and the idea of the breadcrumb topping was off-putting so I also omitted it. I will definately be making this again. Thanks!
- 1 (1 lb) bagfrozen baby carrots or 6 peeled and sliced fresh carrots
- 1⁄4 cup reserved carrot water
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup horseradish
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs (optional)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil or steam carrots, reserving carrot water.
- I always steam them to preserve the carrot flavor.
- Place cooked carrots in a shallow casserole.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients, pour over carrots and mix.
- I use alot of horseradish because we like it.
- You can use less if you want.
- Note: The original recipe calls for bread crumbs mixed with the butter on top.
- I didn't care for it and I always omit this.
- If you want to try it, melt the butter, mix with breadcrumbs and sprinkle on top.
- Bake at 375 F.
- for 30 minutes or until horseradish sauce is bubbly.