Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
Only 3 ingredients but my youngest DS loves it! Like the name says, it is very basic and is also very low maintenance. I would saute meat and/or veggies and have nonfat sour cream, salsa or guacamole to dip it in, but this is the basic-est version of the quesadilla. You can also use this as an appetizer and cut into thinner wedges. My DS can eat the whole thing now for dinner, but I thought I would list 2 servings. Enjoy!
- 354.88 ml low-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 (20 inch) flour tortillas, soft (I use whole wheat)
- low-sodium taco seasoning, to taste
- Place one tortilla in a nonstick pan and set on stove with the burner off. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and taco seasoning.
- Turn heat to medium and place other tortilla on top. After about 5 minutes, gently lift edge of quesadilla to see if bottom tortilla is starting to brown. It should take a little longer, but keep a close eye on it. When it is a light golden colour, slide quesadilla on to a plate.
- Flip quesadilla into the pan and brown other side, checking frequently. Slide on to a cutting board. Let sit for a couple of minutes and then cut into quarters.
Very basic but very good, nothing wrong with that! I used garlic powder and paprika.
This was a great dinner with a tomato soup. I had garlic and herbs shredded cheddar cheese. This was great in it. Thanks Nif :) Made for Zaar Star Game
I love these simple quesadillas. To me they are so much better than the ones with a zillion things in them. They are also extremely kid-friendly. Thanks for posting!