Recipe by Nif
Only 3 ingredients but my youngest DS loves it! Like the name says, it is very basic and is also very low maintenance. I would saute meat and/or veggies and have nonfat sour cream, salsa or guacamole to dip it in, but this is the basic-est version of the quesadilla. You can also use this as an appetizer and cut into thinner wedges. My DS can eat the whole thing now for dinner, but I thought I would list 2 servings. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 (10 inch) flour tortillas, soft (I use whole wheat)
- low-sodium taco seasoning, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Place one tortilla in a nonstick pan and set on stove with the burner off. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and taco seasoning.
- Turn heat to medium and place other tortilla on top. After about 5 minutes, gently lift edge of quesadilla to see if bottom tortilla is starting to brown. It should take a little longer, but keep a close eye on it. When it is a light golden colour, slide quesadilla on to a plate.
- Flip quesadilla into the pan and brown other side, checking frequently. Slide on to a cutting board. Let sit for a couple of minutes and then cut into quarters.