1 hr 20 mins
Many of us have made different versions of all-you-can-eat soup, but this is an old favourite of mine. I know that a lot of products have changed over the years and you can get low sodium versions of most of them, so please try for those. You can easily add any other veggies that you like, such as zucchini, celery, etc. Also, there are many ways to add flavour that weren't used as much before in soups such as adding garlic and other seasonings. This recipe helped lots of people lose weight and I truly like it. I hope you do too.... Great to freeze in individual serving sizes, and they are a healthy sized serving. I like to add a cracker or 2. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 medium cabbage, chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can no sodium green beans, cut, with liquid
- 1 (10 ounce) can yellow beans, cut, with liquid
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushrooms, sliced, with liquid
- 4 cups low-sodium tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth or 6 cups beef broth or 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1In a large stockpot, spray with nonstick spray and add cabbage, onion and carrots. Let veggies sweat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 10-15 minutees. Veggies should be semi-translucent.
- 2Add other ingredients to stockpot. Bring up to a low boil and then reduce and simmer lightly for at least an hour. You will know that it's ready when the texture is right for you.
- 3Enjoy right away or let cool and pour into single serving freezer containers. This soup is ideal for lunches at work or school.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nif's Too Healthy Vegetable Soup - 1 Ww Pt.
Serving Size: 1 (408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 94.5
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 138.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 6.3 g