Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Do you like salmon? Then you will love this tender and tasty recipe! Serve with rice and vegetables. Enjoy!
- 4 salmon steaks (1 inch)
- 1⁄4 cup soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed is best
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger, freshly grated
- Mix marinade ingredients in shallow dish. Add salmon steaks and marinate in the fridge for up to 2 hours (no longer or the lemon will start to cook the salmon), turning occasionally.
- Broil steaks on low for approximately 3-5 minutes on each side. I place mine on the middle rack so the outside doesn't burn before the inside is cooked.
- Salmon is ready when it flakes easily or when the internal temperature reaches 145°F.
WONDERFUL!!! Made this for Think Pink Recipe Tag Game for Cancer Awareness and what a great choice. I followed the instructions exactly except like I'mPat I marinated the salmon but also cooked it in the marinade for more flavor...Thank you for a tasty and easy meal!
The flavour imparted from the marinade to the salmon was outstanding we all loved it. I did bake my salmon though in the marinade in a 200C fan forced oven for 12 minutes for beautifully moist flaked salmon. Thank you Nif, made for West To Market.
Nice salmon, and so simple too. I found it a bit too sweet so I'll reduce the honey next time. I also had to use powdered ginger as I was out of fresh. Thx for sharing your recipe Nif!