Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A great recipe, even though it may sound a little strange to make muffins with tuna! My kids loved these a lot when they were little. Really easy to throw in a lunch bag too! I don't like green olives, but they are good in these. I'm sure that salmon would be a good substitute, maybe even canned crab? Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces tuna, canned, drained and flaked
- 1⁄2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pimento-stuffed green olives, diced
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking soda, salt).
- In medium bowl, mix tuna, yogurt and veggies.
- In separate bowl, whisk together egg, milk and oil. Pour over flour mixture.
- Add tuna mixture to large bowl and stir until dry ingredients are just moistened. Do not over mix!
- Spray a muffin tin with nonstick spray. Spoon equal amounts of muffin mix into 8 muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 25 minutes, until golden brown.
i loved the flavor of these muffins they were easy to put togehter . i needed to add a little more flouras the batter was wetter than i was used to in a muffin , i will be making these again