Recipe by Nif
What a delicious side dish to have with your grilled steak! I love cooking mushrooms when I am grilling. I can just put them on and pretty much forget about them. They don't really overcook, unless you burn them! Take your time with them if you want to. You can also cook them at a higher heat, but you really have to make sure you don't burn the garlic. Enjoy!
Top Review by lazyme
Yum! I made these as directed to go along as a side with steak. But, I kept 'sampling' them while cooking the steak and there were very few left by the time the steak was done, lol. Thanks Nif for a great keeper that I'll continue making. Made for Zaar Stars Tag.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (Spanish olive oil if you can)
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced (baby portabella, cremini or button)
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine (not cooking sherry)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a frying pan over low-medium heat. Add shallots. Saute for 3 minutes; add garlic and saute for 2 more minutes.
- Add mushrooms and sherry and stir to coat. Saute for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle parsley on mushrooms for garnish.