Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A terrific recipe for scallops. You can use small scallops but the large ones are best. It was hard to choose a number of servings because I could probably eat the whole thing myself - LOL. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb scallops (the larger, the better)
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter, room temperature
- fresh lemon
- In a large nonstick frying pan, add olive oil and turn on low heat; let oil warm. Add basil and let oil absorb flavour for 5 minutes. Turn heat to medium. Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper and add to hot oil.
- Add butter and cook on each side for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add to serving dish. Sprinkle with fresh lemon.
- Place chives over top and serve.
This is a very good recipe that you can modify with whatever you have on hand. I'd like to try infusing the oil with basil or other herbs for a longer period of time. A bit of garlic or minced thyme would also be a nice variation. There are other recipes that I prefer, but this one has the virtue of not requiring any special ingredients.
outstanding! This is so simple and so great. Sometimes the simplest recipes are the best.
YUMMY! These are sooo simple and delicious! I treated myself and had these for lunch over a nice salad of organic baby greens. What a nice treat! I used big, fat scallops for this. Thanks Nif! Made for ZWT5 for the Kitchen Witches.