1/1 Photo of Nif's Porkapalooza (Pork Loin Wrapped in Bacon)
1 hr 10 mins
This is what I got when I realized that I had a pork loin and bacon in the fridge at the same time! Only 3 ingredients and a little prep and you'll have a very tasty, juicy pork. I used Nif's Basic Dry BBQ Rub for the dry rub. I also let the loin sit overnight in the fridge after it was prepped. One little tip - count the number of toothpicks that you use so you know how many you need to pull back out! I cooked this in the BBQ but I don't see why you can't cook it on a rack in the oven. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs pork loin
- 2 -4 tablespoons dry rub seasonings, your favourite
- 12 slices bacon
- 1Rub the pork loin with the dry rub. Be sure to cover the whole thing.
- 2Lay bacon slices out on a cutting board, overlapping about 1/4". Roll the pork loin over the bacon, making sure to roll the bacon up and around it.
- 3Meet the bacon slice ends together and secure each one with a toothpick. You may have to pull the bacon slightly to stretch it far enough for the ends to meet.
- 4Heat a nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Sear the outside of the loin completely until the bacon is nicely browned.
- 5Meanwhile, preheat barbecue to 350°F, leaving the middle burners off. Place the pork loin over indirect heat on the barbecue. Rotate the roast every 10 minutes or so until pork is cooked through and internal temperature reaches 170°F, about 45-60 minutes.
- 6Let rest for 10 minutes, remove the toothpicks and slice.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nif's Porkapalooza (Pork Loin Wrapped in Bacon)
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 711.3
- Calories from Fat 446
- Total Fat 49.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 192.3 mg
- Sodium 260.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 62.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dry rub seasonings