Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Aloha! Enjoy a taste of the tropics with this delicious square featuring pineapple and coconut. I am not a dessert person, but I like this dessert! Enjoy!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 egg yolks, well beaten (save the whites, you will need them below)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups coconut, shredded
- Cream together butter and sugar in a large bowl. Add egg yolks and mix well.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the creamed mixture, mixing well.
- Press into an 8" x 8" cake pan (lightly greased or sprayed with nonstick spray). Cover with pineapple.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff; add the sugar and coconut. Spread over the pineapple.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes. Cool and cut into squares.
i love pineapple and i love coconut so anything that combines the two is a sure thing for me to try. i am glad i chose this one. the family enjoyed it thoroughly as well, no texture issues from the coconut, too bad, that means momma has to share. thanks for sharing with us though. :) zwt 7
Delicious! I absolutely love the topping, and couldn't help but sneak all the extra bits as I cut this (we'll just keep that our little secret, right?) So easy to throw together, and uses ingredients I have on hand. I use sweetened shredded coconut, as the recipe didn't specify. Thanks, Nif!! Made for PRMR Tag.