1/6 Photos of Nif's Perfect Poached Egg
Oh, the poached egg! There is nothing better than having a poached egg on toast or over a bed of spinach... mmmmm...... Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a frying pan, heat enough water to cover the egg(s) to a low boil. Add salt.
- 2Crack an egg into a small bowl. Quickly dip bowl into the water. Slide the raw egg into the water. Immediately slide the other egg into the water in the same fashion.
- 3TURN OFF HEAT but leave on burner! Cover pan with lid - DO NOT UNCOVER and let sit for 4 to 6 minutes. You can uncover to check them, starting at 4 minutes. You'll know they're done if the white is not really jiggly.
- 4Using a slotted spoon, gently place eggs on a tea towel. If you use scented detergents or fabric softeners on your towels, do not use them. Instead, slide egg(s) onto good quality paper towels, so the towel doesn't fall apart. Let sit for a few seconds to drain the water.
- 5Place eggs on to toast, a slice of tomato, steamed spinach and/or a piece of low fat cheese.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nif's Perfect Poached Egg
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.0
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 372.0 mg
- Sodium 723.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 12.5 g