Recipe by Nif
Made this up for company tonight and we really liked the results. The fresh bread crumbs and fresh parmesan really made this dish. I recommend cooking them on a rack so the coating is nice and crispy. Enjoy!
Top Review by isabel.realica
This might be the best chicken I've ever made. The chicken was moist and perfectly done. Some modifications I made were not spritzing it with olive oil (too lazy), and instead finished it another 2-3 minutes under the broiler. It got nice and brown that way! Also, I used honey panko breadcrumbs from Costco instead of fresh breadcrumbs. Sooo delicious. This will definitely be a household staple.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh breadcrumbs, coarsely ground
- 3⁄4 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- olive oil, in a spritzer
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375F and cut chicken thighs in half. Line a baking sheet with tin foil and set a rack on it.
- Mix egg and milk in a shallow dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and seasoning salt in another shallow dish.
- Dip chicken in egg mix and place in bread crumbs. Press bread crumb mixture into thighs. Place thighs on rack and spray with olive oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 170°F.