Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I made this up tonight when I was making Sensational Herbed Chicken. After I browned the chicken, I didn't want to waste all the great flavour that was left in the pan. You can use whatever herb you want. I chose rosemary because it was in the chicken recipe and it just tastes good! I recommend making this if you have browned some meat. It just absorbs the flavour nicely. Of course you can make this in a saucepan, but this was originally created to use the pan juices. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon butter (unless there is already oil in the pan, see above)
- 1 1⁄2 cups white rice
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, broken up a bit between your fingers
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Heat butter in a frying pan (or saucepan - see above notes) over medium heat and add rice. Stir rice around for a few minutes to absorb the butter and get a little nutty tasting.
- Stir rosemary into rice. Add chicken broth. Bring broth to a boil, reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes, until rice is cooked.
- Add white wine and parmesan cheese and heat through. Salt and pepper to taste.
I didn't simmer the 20-25 minutes. 10 minutes were left of that and I decided to check and there was no liquid and the rice was not crunchy. It was perfect. I used butter. This is one yummy rice. We loved it. My son of 4 years old loved it also. That's great cause sometimes he can be very fussy. Thanks Nif :) Made for Market tag game
My boys LOVED this. My daughter didn't like it and my DH and I thought it was ok. Our rice turned out very sticky which we aren't crazy about. Pretty good flavor though. I think we prefer plain old rice. I will make it again though because my boys were crazy about it. Made for new kids tag.