Recipe by Nif
Another quick and easy egg dish that I like to let set while I'm getting ready in the morning. I actually mix everything (but the cheese) the night before. Enjoy!
Top Review by Annacia
What a great way to start the day. So yummy and very diabetic friendly so a solid win/win recipe. I do believe that this is something that I'll be making often as I most always have the ingredients on hand. Made exactly as directed :D
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute, chive and cheese flavour (I use Egg Solutions brand)
- 2 egg whites (4 tablespoons if you buy it in the carton)
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1 ounce low-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray medium nonstick pan with cooking spray and heat to low-medium.
- Mix egg substitute, egg whites and mushrooms (I mix this the night before). Pour into pan. Sprinkle cheese on top. Do not stir!
- Cover pan with a lid. It should set in about 5-10 minutes. Check it to see that the middle is set. Season, fold and serve!