Prep 2 mins
Cook 8 mins
Another quick and easy egg dish that I like to let set while I'm getting ready in the morning. I actually mix everything (but the cheese) the night before. Enjoy!
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute, chive and cheese flavour (I use Egg Solutions brand)
- 2 egg whites (4 tablespoons if you buy it in the carton)
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1 ounce low-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- Spray medium nonstick pan with cooking spray and heat to low-medium.
- Mix egg substitute, egg whites and mushrooms (I mix this the night before). Pour into pan. Sprinkle cheese on top. Do not stir!
- Cover pan with a lid. It should set in about 5-10 minutes. Check it to see that the middle is set. Season, fold and serve!
What a great way to start the day. So yummy and very diabetic friendly so a solid win/win recipe. I do believe that this is something that I'll be making often as I most always have the ingredients on hand. Made exactly as directed :D
Well today we had a seafood extravaganza for lunch at the DD'd and by the time we got home no one really wanted to cook so it was easy tea (I looked after the DM and myself and the DH took care of himself and the DS - so there was a raid of the freezer and the microwave went into use big time) but I decided I wanted an omelette (simple and easy) so this worked perfectly (though it was going to be tomorrows breakfast). I made using 2 whole eggs and a little milk but did use some left over tinned/canned champignons and a sharp cheddar cheese and served with a slice hot buttered wholemeal/wholegrain toast bread and really enjoyed this quick fix meal. Thank You Nif, made for Went To Market tag game.
It was my first time doing an omelet with just egg whites. I loved it. I added fresh chives to the mix. Thanks Nif, this was so delicious :) Made for Photo tag