Recipe by Nif
I wanted to whip up some pasta for dinner tonight and this is what I came up with! I kept it low calorie and low fat but feel free to add some white wine or saute the veggies in butter or oil. If I wasn't watching what I am eating, I would probably do both! :) I used cream cheese to thicken up the sauce a bit and I really like the taste. FYI - it counts as 8 WW points. Enjoy!
Top Review by Annacia
Yummy. I used multi grain spaghetti (out of fettuccine) and dried chives on top. The flavors here are all some of my fav's so this was bound to be a hit. It's easy, quick and feels like something you'd get in a high priced restaurant. Will certainly make again.
- 3 ounces whole wheat linguine (I use Smart Pasta, white pasta with lots of fibre!)
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon (OXO)
- olive oil (for spritzer)
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fat free cream cheese
- 3 1⁄2 ounces sea scallops (about 1 cup)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pot, bring water to a boil. Add chicken boullion and linguine and cook until al dente. Reserve water.
- Meanwhile, spritz a frying pan with olive oil and set over medium heat. Add mushrooms and shallots and saute until mushrooms are softened, about 5 minutes. Add scallops and cream cheese and 1/4 cup of pasta water. The scallops only need to cook for 2 minutes or they become rubbery.
- When pasta is finished cooking, add directly to the frying pan without rinsing. Stir until combined. Add more pasta water if you want more sauce.
- Pour pasta onto a plate and top with parsley.