1/2 Photos of Nif's Linguine With Scallops
I wanted to whip up some pasta for dinner tonight and this is what I came up with! I kept it low calorie and low fat but feel free to add some white wine or saute the veggies in butter or oil. If I wasn't watching what I am eating, I would probably do both! :) I used cream cheese to thicken up the sauce a bit and I really like the taste. FYI - it counts as 8 WW points. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 ounces whole wheat linguine (I use Smart Pasta, white pasta with lots of fibre!)
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon (OXO)
- olive oil (for spritzer)
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fat free cream cheese
- 3 1/2 ounces sea scallops (about 1 cup)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1In a pot, bring water to a boil. Add chicken boullion and linguine and cook until al dente. Reserve water.
- 2Meanwhile, spritz a frying pan with olive oil and set over medium heat. Add mushrooms and shallots and saute until mushrooms are softened, about 5 minutes. Add scallops and cream cheese and 1/4 cup of pasta water. The scallops only need to cook for 2 minutes or they become rubbery.
- 3When pasta is finished cooking, add directly to the frying pan without rinsing. Stir until combined. Add more pasta water if you want more sauce.
- 4Pour pasta onto a plate and top with parsley.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nif's Linguine With Scallops
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 399.4
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 24.0 mg
- Sodium 449.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 27.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat free cream cheese