Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A sweet, but not too sweet, marinade with an Asian twist. This marinade would work with any chicken pieces and probably pork or salmon, but I had the thighs in the fridge! Easy to put together and great with rice and veggies. Enjoy!
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, mincedm (or 1/4 teaspoon dry)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Mix all ingredients for the marinade.
- Cover chicken with marinade and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Cook chicken over a medium hot grill until cooked through. You could cook it in the oven at 350F for about a half hour.
Delish! I took a little 'poetic license' with this recipe (hope you don't mind, Nif), and would like to share my experiment with you...I marinated this, then cut into chunks, and cooked in the wok. I added the marinade and the chicken, so it was glazed and sticky, when finished. So nice and simple, this makes a tasty chicken dish, no matter how you fix it! Made for Best of 2010 tag game. Thanks for sharing, Nif.
I made this on my indoor grill and it was simply fantastic! the chicken was so moist and flavorful, I also added in 1 tablespoon crushed chili flakes, and 3 large chopped garlic cloves, I look forward to making this outside this summer, thank you for sharing this great recipe Nif!
Excellent sweet flavor. We enjoyed this on our RV trip with some potatoes wedges and corn on the cob. DH wasn't too happy with the clean up of the grill. The honey caramelizes and sticks pretty good. Next time I plan to cook on foil punched full of holes to see if that helps. Thanks for posting. :)