Recipe by Nif
This is a dish that I made up as I went along! It's easy and uses ingredients that most of us have on hand. There is probably enough marinade for twice the amount of chicken. I wasn't going to have a chance to stir the chicken so I wanted to make sure that it covered all of the chicken. I served this over brown basmati rice. The marinating time is not included. ****NOTE: I do not recommend marinating this for more than 2 hours. I find it gets a grainy texture if marinated too long. Enjoy!
Top Review by WisperinRB
Made these last night and they were a huge hit. I searched several sites and chose to make these because I had all of the ingredients. They were absolutely fantastic. Even my extremely picky hubby and kids loved them. Thanks so much for sharing!
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch squares
- 473.18 ml fresh pineapple, cut into 1-inch squares
- 473.18 ml red peppers, cut into 1-inch squares
- 118.29 ml soy sauce
- 59.14 ml rice vinegar
- 59.14 ml canola oil
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 9.85 ml garlic, minced (about 4 cloves)
- 9.85 ml ginger, chopped
- 2.46 ml dry mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all marinade ingredients and add chicken. Marinate for 1 to 2 hours, no more.
- If you are using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water for 2 hours.
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- Alternate chicken, pineapple and pepper pieces on skewers. Place on grill until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes on each side.