Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a surprisingly good combination of pasta and bread crumbs. I had never heard of that until I tried Noo's Spaghetti Alla Carrettiera (Thin Spaghetti With Breadcrumbs). I came up with a version of my own that I think is quite tasty too! :) This is quick and easy as well, so it's a great last minute meal. Enjoy!
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs (or finely chop 1/4 baguette in food processor)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- In large pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid. Drain pasta and return to pot.
- Meanwhile in a frying pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Fry crumbs and garlic until garlic is golden (not brown!), about 4 minutes. Stir in fresh parsley and lemon juice.
- Add breadcrumb mixture to drained pasta along with reserved cooking liquid; heat through. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
I made my own breadcrumbs and the secret of this recipe is the EVOO. I might have added more garlic.This is so fast and easy to put together. And delicious as well. Thanks for sharing.