I got a new stand mixer for Christmas and I just had to use it! I modified an old banana bread recipe to make it more "festive" and this is what I got! There is not as much banana flavour as typical banana bread but it's there! Also, skip the rum if you want to. I didn't list specific stand mixer instructions, but I did use it on medium to do the mixing. I hope you like it. Enjoy!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 overripe bananas, mashed or 1⁄2 cup banana
- 1 1⁄3 cups low-fat eggnog
- 2 tablespoons dark rum or 2 tablespoons spiced rum
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease a large loaf pan.
- Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in sugar, oil, banana, eggnog, rum, and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, pudding mix, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Stir into eggnog mixture, just until mixed. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over batter.
- Bake bread for 40 to 60 minutes, or just until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack, and cool completely. Wrap tightly, and store in the refrigerator.