1/7 Photos of Nif's Eggnog Banana Bread
I got a new stand mixer for Christmas and I just had to use it! I modified an old banana bread recipe to make it more "festive" and this is what I got! There is not as much banana flavour as typical banana bread but it's there! Also, skip the rum if you want to. I didn't list specific stand mixer instructions, but I did use it on medium to do the mixing. I hope you like it. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 overripe bananas, mashed or 1/2 cup banana
- 1 1/3 cups low-fat eggnog
- 2 tablespoons dark rum or 2 tablespoons spiced rum
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Grease a large loaf pan.
- 2Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in sugar, oil, banana, eggnog, rum, and vanilla.
- 3In another bowl, combine the flour, pudding mix, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Stir into eggnog mixture, just until mixed. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- 4Mix sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over batter.
- 5Bake bread for 40 to 60 minutes, or just until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 6Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack, and cool completely. Wrap tightly, and store in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nif's Eggnog Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.1
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 289.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 26.0 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: