Recipe by Nif
I wanted to whip up a nice breakfast for us this morning and this is what happened! The instructions are very easy - I was just being specific. Enjoy!
- 1 cup cooked ham, diced
- 1 egg
- 1 cup egg substitute or 4 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated
- 4 whole wheat tortillas or 4 soft flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Over medium-low heat, heat ham in a nonstick frying pan sprayed with nontick spray. While ham is warming, whisk together the egg and egg substitute. Add to ham and stir until eggs are just barely cooked. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place one tortilla in another frying pan, over medium heat. Sprinkle with half of the cheddar and half the ham and egg mixture. Top with half of the mozzarella. Place second tortilla on top.
- Gently lift the tortilla to see when it is lightly browned. When it is, slide quesadilla onto a plate. Place pan on top of plate and flip so that the uncooked side is now on the bottom. Cook until lightly browned. Slide onto a cutting board and cut into 6 slices.
- Repeat to make another quesadilla.