Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I quickly made this tonight to have with our steaks. It was simple and delicious and showcased the asparagus without overpowering it with extra spices or flavours. Feel free to add whatever flavours you think it might need. Enjoy!
- Trim off the tough bottom of the spear by grasping each end and bending it gently until it snaps at its natural point of tenderness - usually two thirds of the way down the spear.
- Place asparagus on a plate and drizzle oil over spears. Sprinkle with salt and then mix spears with your hands to coat.
- Place aspargus on medium-hot grill, horizontally so they won't fall through the grates. Occasionally roll spears with the back of a spatula so they rotate and cook all around.
- As they caramelize, asparagus should begin to brown in spots but should not be allowed to blacken or char. They are done when slightly wilted.
- Remove from grill and sprinkle with parmesan. Serve immediately.
So easy to make and we all enjoyed them. I followed the recipe exactly as written.
This was simple, but so good! Made for ZWT8 for The Fearless.
This was perfect with some grilled beef kebabs. Really love grilled asparagus, and this was delicious. Thanks for sharing! Made for ZWT.