Recipe by Nif
I like to make frittatas with pasta or potatoes when I'm feeding a few of us and this is what I made this morning for brunch. This is one of the lighter ones, but you can use full fat ingredients if you want to. Just DON'T SKIP THE BAKING POWDER - you'll be surprised how fluffy this makes your eggs. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup no fat cooked ham, cut into small cubes
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 8 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil over medium heat in large nonstick ovenproof pan. Saute potato, ham and onion (not green onion yet) until potato is just tender.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs, egg whites and baking powder until frothy and baking powder has dissolved. Add green onion to pan. Gently pour egg mixture into pan, covering the ham and veggie ingredients. Sprinkle cheese over top.
- Place pan, uncovered, in 375F preheated oven. Cook until egg has set, about 25 minutes.