Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I like to make frittatas with pasta or potatoes when I'm feeding a few of us and this is what I made this morning for brunch. This is one of the lighter ones, but you can use full fat ingredients if you want to. Just DON'T SKIP THE BAKING POWDER - you'll be surprised how fluffy this makes your eggs. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup no fat cooked ham, cut into small cubes
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 8 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- Heat oil over medium heat in large nonstick ovenproof pan. Saute potato, ham and onion (not green onion yet) until potato is just tender.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs, egg whites and baking powder until frothy and baking powder has dissolved. Add green onion to pan. Gently pour egg mixture into pan, covering the ham and veggie ingredients. Sprinkle cheese over top.
- Place pan, uncovered, in 375F preheated oven. Cook until egg has set, about 25 minutes.
Awesome frittata recipe! I made mine vegetarian with cottage cheese and it turned out great! Thanks so much!
First time making a frittata and it turn out great! Thanks for the recipe. So easy.
I cut this recipe in half for just the 2 of us, & that worked great, with enough left over for my other half to take to work & for me to have a small snack the next day, too! Very tasty, & we both particularly enjoyed the use of the potatoes! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in 123 Hits tag]